Check out these ideas for work and for home:
- Give a coupon that gives the gift of your time. Think about something they don’t like to do – maybe doing laundry, or running errands. Or give coupons for a monthly coffee date or batch of cookies! Check out these easy coupon templates.
- Use your words. Go out of your way to check in on someone – make a call, or stop by an office. Say, “hey – how are you doing?” for no reason at all. Taking time to show interest in someone’s personal and professional life costs nothing and builds relationships.
- Give a testimonial. Let people who consistently provide great products or service to you and yours know the difference they have made. Be specific. Give an example of how you used their product or service and the impact it’s had in your workplace. See if they are on LinkedIn and make a recommendation.
- Share a tip. Put together a list of quotes, articles that are inspirational or includes information related to something they are interested in. A simple internet search will turn up tons of list ideas.
- Make a call. Nothing lights up someone’s day more than to hear the voice of someone they enjoy and haven’t heard from in a while. Resist email and text and make a call – then give some time for a nice, long chat.
- Write it down. Take a moment to write a card or letter and authentically acknowledge the people in your life and let them know it. Simple, yet priceless.
- Tell their boss. Make the effort to let their boss know what you think of them. This costs nothing, takes only a moment of your time, and may make someone’s day (or career)!