Our culture teaches us, from an early age, to focus more on the negative in others, than the positive. But, how others usually want to be treated is exactly the opposite. People basically want to be appreciated, respected, and heard. Are you doing that in your relationships?
It’s pretty basic really. To be a communication rock star, you have to learn, and then practice, positive communication. Not always that easy to do, but well worth the effort.
Here’s my pick for the top 5 qualities of communication rock stars:
1. You see the strengths, not the limitations, in others.
2. You make others feel good about themselves by telling them why they’re special.
3. You respect others for what they have done and where they have come from.
4. You are genuine and in service when talking with others.
5. You make others feel important by being a good listener and being sincerely interested in them.
Are you a communication rock star? What areas could you do even better?
Betty Lochner is the Owner of Cornerstone Coaching & Training. She specializes in personal and organizational transformation and is the author of Dancing with Strangers: Communication skills for transforming your life at work and at home. And, it’s now available on Kindle! Check it out.
To find out more about Cornerstone’s services and offerings visit our website: http://www.cornerstone-ct.com
Please “like” my Facebook fan page and stay in touch!