My inspiration for building better communicators came from my own experience taking over an organization where employees were skeptical of change in leadership, yet weren’t working as a team with each other either. Now, the culture has shifted and the program has a highly functioning and productive team.
But it didn’t happen overnight. I spent time every day for several years to gain the knowledge and certifications to help my staff improve professionally as a team. I started to see changes in the first few weeks. I applied what I’d learned along the way by providing professional development training to my staff and watched the transformation.
We built a work place with open conversations, communal expressions of gratitude, speedy and appropriate human resources issue resolution, and continual process improvement. High turnover rates vanished. For example, our call staff stayed for 5 years. The national average is 18 months.
Through my experience and continuing education to stay up to date on the latest training and education tools, I help other businesses, organizations and individuals achieve success in business goals, revenue, communication, and collaboration goals. My hope is to empower individuals and leaders to create happier, more productive workplaces and more fulfilling lives.
Betty’s Certifications and Education:
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), national certification by the HR Certification Institute
- BA in Speech Communication, Western Washington University
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs, Western Washington University
- Certified trainer in Performance Coaching
- Completion of Cascade Public Executive Program from the University of Washington’s Evans School of Public Affairs
- Trained Community Mediator, Thurston County Dispute Resolution Center
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, University of Washington Tacoma
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Scrum Alliance