Mission Statement: With a spirit of continuous learning, I help individuals with workplace and career challenges and teach organizations how to transform their workplace culture, one conversation at a time.
My inspiration for building better communicators came from my own personal experience. About 20 years ago, I took over as director for a program where employees were skeptical of the change in leadership. They weren’t working as a team with each other. The morale was low and the tension was high. Over time, the culture shifted into a program with a highly productive and engaged team.
I spent time on my own development as a leader and coach to gain the knowledge and skills I needed to move my team forward. I applied what I’d learned and provided professional development training to my staff.
Over time we built a work place with open conversations, mutual respect and appreciation, speedy and appropriate human resources issue resolution, and continual process improvement. The high turnover rates and low morale vanished. For example, our call staff retention rate was about 5 years while the national average is 18 months.
I now help organizations and individuals achieve success in business and career goals, communication, and collaboration. I focus on teaching small changes that make a huge difference in workplace communication and culture. My goal is to empower individuals and leaders to create happier, more productive workplaces and more fulfilling lives.
You can learn more about my work in PR for People magazine (page 14) : Communication coach helps improve workplace culture
You’ll also find my work featured in the Sept/October 2018 issue of HR Today in the cover article titled: Firing for Online Behavior
My areas of expertise in workplace communication and relationships focuses on
- Human resources consulting
- Organizational training and professional development for work groups
- Workplace and career coaching
LIVE EVENT FOR WOMEN
Next Women’s Summit is March 20, 2020 in Lacey, Washington
Early Bird registration is $129 through February 15, or until space is full. Regular registration is $147.
To learn more, join the Confident Communication Facebook Group.
Certifications and Education:
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), national certification by the HR Certification Institute
- B.A. in Speech Communication, Western Washington University
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs in Higher Education, Western Washington University
- Certified Coach, Performance Coaching
- Cascade Public Executive Program, University of Washington’s Evans School of Public Affairs
- Trained Community Mediator, Thurston County Dispute Resolution Center
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, University of Washington Tacoma
Subject Matter Areas of Expertise:
- 529 College Savings Plans (past chair of College Savings Plans Network and current liaison for the National 529 Awareness Campaign)
- Communication and work place relationships
- Human resource issues
- Leadership and supervision skills
- IT project management
- Higher Education administration and counseling
- Client service management and customer service
- Boards and Commissions (Public Works Board, Savings Plans Board)
- State and federal government program administration
- Lean process improvement