Mission Statement: With a spirit of continuous learning, I help individuals with HR, workplace and career challenges. I teach organizations how to transform their workplace culture, one conversation at a time.
The inspiration for building better communicators came from my own professional experience. About 20 years ago, I took over as director for a program where employees were skeptical of the change in leadership. They weren’t working together as a team, morale was low, and the tension was high. Over time, the culture shifted into a program with a highly productive and engaged team.
Through this experience, I invested in my own development as a leader and coach in order to gain the knowledge and skills needed to propel my team forward. Applying what I had learned, I began providing professional development training for my staff. Over time, we created a workplace defined by open conversations, mutual respect and appreciation, speedy and appropriate human resources issues resolution.
Move Your Team Forward
It’s now time to take the next step in moving your own team forward. Whether your staff needs professional development, communication coaching, or organizational training, Cornerstone Coaching & Training can provide a learning environment that will help your organization or team achieve success in their own business and career goals.
Contact me today to learn more about my professional services – career development and coaching, organizational training, or individual communication coaching. Be sure to ask about my newest online services, online courses and coaching programs. I look forward to helping your team or business thrive in a strong and healthy professional working environment.
You can learn more about my work in PR for People magazine (page 14) : Communication coach helps improve workplace culture
You’ll also find my work featured in the Sept/October 2018 issue of HR Today in the cover article titled: Firing for Online Behavior
My areas of expertise in workplace communication and relationships focuses on
- Human resources consulting
- Organizational training and professional development for work groups
- Workplace and career coaching
LIVE EVENT FOR WOMEN
Next Women’s Summit is October 16, 2020 in Lacey, Washington
Registration is $147.
To learn more, join the Confident Communication Facebook Group.
Certifications and Education:
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), national certification by the HR Certification Institute
- B.A. in Speech Communication, Western Washington University
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs in Higher Education, Western Washington University
- Certified Coach, Performance Coaching
- Cascade Public Executive Program, University of Washington’s Evans School of Public Affairs
- Trained Community Mediator, Thurston County Dispute Resolution Center
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, University of Washington Tacoma
Subject Matter Areas of Expertise:
- 529 College Savings Plans (past chair of College Savings Plans Network and current liaison for the National 529 Awareness Campaign)
- Communication and work place relationships
- Human resource issues
- Leadership and supervision skills
- IT project management
- Higher Education administration and counseling
- Client service management and customer service
- Boards and Commissions (Public Works Board, Savings Plans Board)
- State and federal government program administration
- Lean process improvement