Good Communication Changes Everything
Relationships can be transformed through better communication. It is my passion and calling to help facilitate that transformation through coaching, training, and motivational speaking.
I specialize in teaching simple tools and steps that make a huge difference in relationships at work and at home. I work with individuals and groups in the following areas:
Performance coaching (bringing out the best in others), building and improving teams, employee engagement, leadership development, conflict strategies, the power of appreciation and gratitude, generational differences, employee engagement, and improving workplace culture.
My training and experience includes:
- BA in Communications and M.Ed. from Western Washington University
- Graduate of the Cascade Public Executive Program (University of Washington)
- Certified in Performance Coaching
- Trained Mediator, Thurston County Dispute Resolution Center
- Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma (process improvement)
- Emergency Manager Certificate from FEMA
- Senior Human Resources Manager (SHRM) Certification (in progress)
- Author of Dancing with Strangers, 52 Communication Tips, and Gladie’s Gift (cookbook)
I specialize in helping people communicate with confidence and clarity
A sampling of clients include: Pierce College District, Nevada State Assembly, Washington Department of Commerce, Washington State Senate, National Council of State Legislators, Inter-agency Committee of State Employed Women, Thurston County Department of Health, Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals, Maryland College Savings, Washington Executive Assistants Group, Comstock Physical Therapy, and the Washington Women’s Leadership Conference. For testimonials from participants, see my Training page
In additional to my work as a communication and leadership coach and trainer, I am also the Director of Washington’s College Savings Plan and am the past Chair of the national College Savings Plans Network (CSPN). I married my college sweetheart 38 years ago, have two fully launched children, a new grandbaby, and a mini-dachshund that runs our house. I love to hike, garden, bake, taste wine, and am usually into some new hobby or adventure!
I’d love to assist you in any way I can. For more information please contact me directly.
Betty Lochner, M.Ed.