I collect quotes. I particularly like finding ones in odd places – some of my favorites this year have been found on the back of a key card, on a bathroom wall, a waiting room, and in a fortune cookie.
Deciding on my top ten to share with you this year was no easy task. So, to solve that little problem, I’ve settled on my top 15.
Here they are, My Top 10, I mean 15 quotes, in no particular order:
1. I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. ~ Martha Washington
2. Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~ Howard Thurman
3. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. ~ Hermain Cain
4. Do something. If it works, do more of it. If it doesn’t, do something else. ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
6. Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would rather have talked. ~ Mark Twain
7. Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did. ~ Sarah Caldwell
8. Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery. ~ Dr. Joyce Brothers
9. The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. ~ George Bernard Shaw
10. We are what we believe we are. ~ C.S. Lewis
11. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. ~ Dr. Seuss
12. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily. ~ Zig Ziglar
13. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~ Audrey Hepburn
14. Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. ~ Chief Seattle
15. They say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. ~ Andy Warhol
Which is your personal favorite? Did you discover a new awesome quote in 2010? Please share and add to my collection!
Betty Lochner is the Owner of Cornerstone Coaching & Training. She specializes in personal and organizational transformation and is the author of Dancing with Strangers: Communication skills for transforming your life at work and at home.
To find out more about Cornerstone’s services and offerings visit our website:
Please connect with me on your favorite site: