As 2011 closes in, I offer my second annual list of favorite communication quotes.
This year some of my favorites have been found on the back of a business card, in a church bulletin, on a tunnel wall, and in a coffee shop.
It was hard to decide on my favorites, and this year I challenged myself to keep it to 10 – so I finally settled on the following:
1. I have learned to be content whatever the cirucumstances. ~ Phillipians 4:11
2. I want t0 put a ding in the universe. ~ Steve Jobs
3. Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did. ~ Sarah Caldwell
4. How do you spell love? You don’t spell it, you feel it. ~ Winnie the Pooh
5. Be sincere; be brief; be seated. ~ Franklin Delano Roosevelt
6. You are in charge of your own happiness. ~ Church sign.
7. Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne.
8. Ten percent of life is what happens to you; 90 percent is how you respond. ~ Charles Swindoll
9. Nothing is so simple that it cannot be misunderstood. ~ Freeman Teague, Jr.
10. Reflect before you act. ~ Mulan
Did you discover a great quote in 2011? Please share and add to my collection!
Betty Lochner is the Owner of Cornerstone Coaching & Training. She specializes in personal and organizational transformation and is the author of Dancing with Strangers: Communication skills for transforming your life at work and at home. To find out more about Cornerstone’s services and offerings visit our website:
For more communication tips and skills:
Sign up for our newsletter and receive 6 Essential Steps for Dealing With Conflict.
Join us on Facebook for daily communication tips, advice and challenges!